Byrdine F. Lewis School of Nursing & Health Professions
About the School Learn More
Every day our health care system faces increasing demands from new health risks and an aging population. The Byrdine F. Lewis School of Nursing & Health Professions gives aspiring health care workers the knowledge they need to meet these demands and safeguard the nation’s health and well-being. From nurses and nurse practitioners to physical therapists, respiratory therapists and registered dietitians, our graduates are trained to not only provide high-quality, sensitive care to their patients but also to be leaders in their fields — the leaders who will guide public health policy and build a healthier nation for years to come.
Since 1968, we have prepared more than 9,300 health care professionals for vitally important careers and produced innovative research to both solve current health care issues and anticipate problems on the horizon. Every dollar you donate to the school is an investment in improving our nation’s overall health.
- Expand research capacity and productivity
- Expand program offerings to facilitate student graduation success by providing scholarships
- Strengthen collaborative entrepreneurial relationships locally and globally
- Ensure a robust and responsive administrative support structure
- Gwynth Nelson, Director of Development, 404-413-1089
- Mailing address: Byrdine F. Lewis School of Nursing & Health Professions, Georgia State University, PO Box 3995, Atlanta, Ga. 30302-3995
- Office location: Byrdine F. Lewis School of Nursing & Health Professions, Georgia State University, 140 Decatur St. SE, 8th Floor, Atlanta, Ga. 30303