College of Arts and Sciences
About the College Learn More
On a campus that is already one of the nation’s most diverse, the College of Arts and Sciences brings together a wide variety of students under 24 departments and teaches them to use their research abilities, communication skills and creativity to change the world around them. Whether pursuing degrees in hard science or the creative arts, our students have access to world-class faculty and state-of-the-art facilities — though we encourage them to look beyond their classroom walls and see the entire city of Atlanta as their classroom, with all the unique opportunities and global connections that affords them.
And just as each student has access to a virtually unlimited array of opportunities through the College of Arts and Sciences, your financial support can have a wide variety of positive effects. Your donation could help build a lab where the next groundbreaking scientific discovery takes place or provide a scholarship for a future cultural leader. It could also give a student or faculty member the chance to study abroad, gain exposure to new cultures — and expand Georgia State’s ability to improve quality of life for people around the world.
Funding Priorities Make a Gift
- Access to Excellence Scholarship Fund ― a new scholarship fund created specifically for students within the College of Arts & Sciences, providing scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students based on either merit or need
- Dean’s Society ― giving society for donors who give $1,000 or more annually to the college with access to special events of the college
- Dean’s Early Career Awards ― recognizes and rewards the accomplishments of junior faculty
- Study Abroad Scholarships ― allows more of our students access to a global education giving them a competitive edge in their fields upon graduation
- Endowed Faculty positions ― endowed professorships and chairs that help recruit top faculty and provide funds for research
- Hope Carter, Senior Director of Development, 404-413-5739
- Carla Lavender, Director of Development, 404-413-5109
- Cindy Forrest, Development Associate, 404-413-1523
- Karin Arranz, Associate to the Director, 404-413-5108
- Mailing address: College of Arts and Sciences, Georgia State University, PO Box 4038, Atlanta, Ga. 30302-4038
- Office location: College of Arts and Sciences, Georgia State University, Office of Development, General Classroom Building, 38 Peachtree Center Ave. SE, Suite 730, Atlanta, Ga. 30303