Andrew Young School of Policy Studies
About the College Learn More
As a civil rights leader, congressman and U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, Andrew Young has had a lasting impact on public policy around the world. But that impact has been just as profound here in Atlanta, where Young served as mayor from 1982 to 1990. Young brought billions in private investment to Atlanta, opened up opportunities for minorities and helped lay the groundwork for Atlanta’s successful bid to host the 1996 Summer Olympics.
The public policy school that bears Young’s name at Georgia State University teaches students to follow his visionary example by bringing together government agencies, businesses and nonprofits to craft policies that benefit cities and their people. Ranked among the nation’s top 10 policy schools by U.S. News & World Report, we produce valuable research on existing urban policies and train future leaders in areas ranging from social work and economics to public management and criminal justice. Your support helps us continue to point the way to a better quality of life for city dwellers worldwide.
Funding Priorities Make a Gift
- Study-abroad scholarship support for students that can defray travel expenses and increase access for these programs, allowing more students to gain a truly global perspective
- Scholarship support for undergraduate students of merit to address the unmet financial need that presents a challenge to many of our students
- Dean’s Early Career Award that recognizes and rewards the accomplishments of junior faculty
- Support for our nine active research centers that work in the areas of health policy, nonprofit studies, international policy, law enforcement, community partnerships and tax issues
- Jill Thornton, Director of Development, 404-413-0009
- Mailing address: Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University, PO Box 3992, Atlanta, Ga. 30302-3992
- Office location: Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University, 14 Marietta St. NW, Atlanta, Ga. 30303-2813