College of Law
About the College Learn More
The legal system only works if it’s powered by citizens who can interpret the laws to maintain order, peacefully settle disputes, protect the marginalized and foster prosperity. Since 1982, the Georgia State University College of Law has taught both full- and part-time students to fill these important roles, aided by its unique setting in one of the world’s busiest, fastest-growing and most diverse cities. Through three experiential learning clinics — the Philip C. Cook Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic, Investor Advocacy Clinic and Health Law Partnership (HeLP) Clinic — we give students real-world experience that teaches them to put legal theory and critical-thinking skills to use for society’s benefit.
The College of Law already boasts the nation’s No. 2 health law program and Best Value status from National Jurist magazine for five consecutive years. Now it’s time for us to take the next big step: a dedicated facility that not only serves the demands of a 21st-century legal education but provides a resource for the community and the legal profession as well. Your generous financial support can help us make that ambitious goal a reality.
Funding Priorities Make a Gift
- Construct the College of Law’s first dedicated building, one designed to support the programmatic demands of a 21st-century legal education. The new building will serve the college’s public mission acting as a resource for the legal world and the community through the law library and the conference center. The space will be flexible and will allow for growth in the student body and developments in legal education.
- Increase the College of Law’s ability to provide endowed and current-use scholarship dollars to existing and prospective students.
- Increase the College of Law’s ability to support faculty research and recruitment of faculty through chairs, professorships and fellowships.
- John Harrison, Senior Director of Development, College of Law, Georgia State University, 404-413-9020
- Ely Abbott, Director of Development and Alumni Giving, College of Law, Georgia State University, 404-413-9022
- Mailing address: Georgia State University, PO Box 4037, Atlanta, Ga. 30302-4037
- Office location: Georgia State University, Office of Development, 606 Urban Life Building, 140 Decatur St. SE, Atlanta, Ga. 30303