World Affairs Council of Atlanta
About the Council Learn More
As an Olympic host, center of commerce and global transportation center, Atlanta is the definition of a global city — a place where people from around the world truly come together. That spirit drives the World Affairs Council of Atlanta, a nonprofit, nonpartisan affiliate of the J. Mack Robinson School of Business. The council brings together corporate leaders, diplomats and policymakers from the United States and countries all over the world, providing a forum for discussion and a resource for expertise on international issues. As a member of the World Affairs Councils of America, a Washington, D.C.-based organization with nearly 100 member councils nationwide, the Atlanta council has access to a variety of innovative programs and a vast network of international leaders.
When you give to the World Affairs Council of Atlanta, you’re supporting an incubator of groundbreaking ideas that foster greater prosperity and more peaceful relations for societies around the world. You’re also supporting the economic development of Atlanta, building the reputations of both our city and our university as centers of innovative thought from which the whole world can benefit.
Membership Join Today
The mission of the Council is to provide a forum for dialogue, a source of expertise, and an engine for research on international affairs and global issues that impact the corporate community, governmental and non-governmental organizations, and the general public.
Funding Priorities Make a Gift
- Operational support to ensure that the World Affairs Council of Atlanta is able to fulfill its vision of enriching the lives of Atlantans through a deeper understanding of the world in which we live.
- Program sponsorships to ensure that the Council can continue to offer a diverse array of high-level programs that explore pressing global issues.
- Membership dues and participation to ensure that the unique Council programs have the broadest possible community reach and impact.
- Wayne Lord, Ph.D., President, 404-413-7177
- Cedric Suzman, DBA, Executive Vice President and Director of Programming, 404-403-7031
- Christopher L. Brown, Ph.D., Vice President for Research and Analysis, 404-413-6198
- Clare Higgins Morton, Council Administrator, 404-413-7083
- Michelle Spink, Program Manager, 404-413-7647
- Ina Seferovic, Membership and Young Leader Coordinator, 404-413-7030
- Mailing address:
- Office location: Buckhead Center, Tower Place 200, Suite 500, 3348 Peachtree Rd. NE, Atlanta, GA 30326